Some Tunes


Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Getting Some Tunes Down

I feel I've been successful so far writing, with probably 3 or 4 songs that I think have good potential and some others that maybe aren't as likely to get picked up somewhere but I like, so there. As with playing everything, I'm finding some challenges to getting material digitized. As I mentioned before, I bought some equipment, but owning is only one part. Now I gotta play the dang things.

I'm getting better, but patience has never been a strong suit (getting better there too I think). I'm doing okay with rhythm tracks and setting up drum sounds that I want. The biggest challenge right now is getting some good lead guitar tracks. I've never been a lead guitarist and my first efforts to get someone to put these down for me haven't worked so well. So, I'm diving in, figuring the more self contained I can be, the fewer obstacles I'll blame for lack of results. Now I'm not talking about being a killer guitarist, just clean enough to not distract from the end product, which for me is song demos. Don't distract from the song. Give it just enough enhancement to make sense. This is true for all the parts I'm planning on putting down.

By the way, here is a picture of my current instrument of death. I think this Gibson Epiphone will work fine for my needs. Guitarists are freaks, for sure. If you're one, you know what I'm talking about - five or six killer axes is just a start. Well, for me, I'll just lay low a bit until or unless my chops get too good for me to stand it, but I'm not holding my breath. Just want to get some clean tracks and move on to the next fun project. Okay, enough time waste "talking." Back to the studio for me. Break is over.

1 comment: